The upsurge of anti-Russian and separatist sentiment is marked in several republics of the country
In Russia, settled opinion: The Russian population is oppressed only in the North Caucasus republics. Somehow forgotten that the country is composed of many ethnic regions. Some of them are Russian perhaps worse off than their cousins in the North Caucasus.
The Russian population in Kyzyl – capital of the Republic of Tuva, complains of worsening hostility towards them from the indigenous population. People say that some time has been relatively quiet, and suddenly they took up arms again.
– The relatively calm – does not mean good. On the streets – looks angry and hissing, “Orus” – that word mean aliens – says a resident of Kyzyl, a former school teacher of geography, Anna Kazakova. – It continues for more than 20 years. In the Soviet period, Russian was 50% of the population, now – less than 20%. On the streets periodically appear the inscription “Russian, get out!”
As a result, the outflow of people of Slavic appearance continues.
In the early 1990s, Tuva ASSR (now Republic of Tuva), famous for the fact that its territory in the Soviet Union began the first “Russian pogroms.” Tuvan youth began to smash the rural houses in which lived Russian. Then the stream poured into the cities and towns. On the map of the republic there were real hot spots – Khovu-Aqsa Sosnovka, Bai-Haak. There were riots with national overtones in Kyzyl.
– My family was leaving Tuva twice, because to live where you hate just because you’re Russian, it is impossible. And my family lived there for almost 50 years – says the 18-year-old resident of the town of Krasnoyarsk Territory Kuragino Svetlana Arkhipova. – It’s a shame and what the new place we believe someone else is called Tuvinians. In Tuva I liked. It is very beautiful and unique flora and fauna – you can see the deer, and camels. If it was possible, never went to their homes. But the fear generated by it, remains to this day, I can not fight it.
Writer, blogger Senchina Elizabeth, who also was born and spent her childhood in Tuva, said that in recent years come to their places of fear:
– I tried at every opportunity to visit this rich ancient culture of the region with her husband and children. My family live there.
However, after the streets were Kyzyl roam the crowd of angry, slovenly-dressed people, decided that the home is not worth visiting. They came from rural areas, unemployed and hungry. Attack those who do not like them. One gets the impression that they were hit by a certain force.
A friend of mine who lives in this city at 18 o’clock went to the store. The crowd beat him cruelly. Another friend of mine said that even in the summer after 17 hours on the street is better not to show up – can strongly beat or rape.
“SP”: – They come in a tourist in Tuva?
– Especially love these places artists and musicians. A magnificent, full of talent edge. But recently, the flow of tourists has declined significantly. Recently spoke with a poet has been in Tuva, he lived in a yurt, a lot of contact with the locals. The poet said, “survived by a miracle. They are quick-tempered, there is again something started. ”
Yesterday called out an acquaintance said that Tuva is becoming more Chinese.
A resident of Kyzyl Irina Portnov said: “During the restructuring of all life was hard in Tuva. People had to put the blame on someone. We decided to dump the representatives of other nationalities. They fought fiercely, with deafening screams. ”
– Nationalism, we, of course, is present but no longer has those terrible shape in the late 1980s – early 1990s – said a resident of Kyzyl Anna Morozova. – I tuvinka half and half Russian. In Soviet times, the first heads of government structures have been Tuva, and closure – only Russian. Last had more rights and powers. Until now, residents are Russian believe that indigenous people rescued from tuberculosis and syphilis. But the village dying of famine and plague, and not just from these diseases.
Judging by the stories of Russian citizens of the republic of Kalmykia, their position is almost indistinguishable from their peers in distress from Tuva.
– Began constant collision with a young Kalmyk persons of Slavic nationalities, with the attacking mob, beaten with cruelty, using rebar and lead clubs – says a resident of the capital – city of Elista, Zoe, who asked not to call her name. – They create a group of Kalmyk people aged 17-18 years, who attacked a crowd of several dozen people on lonely passers-by or on two or three people of Slavic appearance. Sometimes, beaten to death – the stakes.
– There is a mass exodus from the Kalmyk steppe. They come mainly in Elista, where unemployment is a long time ago. Unable to find work, they drink and rob. Russian killed only because they – Russian – says a resident of the Kalmyk capital Anton Perevalov.
On this occasion, the State Duma deputy Nikolai Kuryanovich sent requests to the Prosecutor General’s Office and the FSB. However, according to Russian residents of Elista, the situation has not changed.
– You are a complete heresy! I – radical elistinets, never heard about this, – shouted into the phone the head of the Office of Communications and Information Policy of the Government of the Republic of Kalmykia, Nikolai Sandzhiev. – I will not talk about it.
Novosibirsk analyst George Polyankin says that in the Republic of Buryatia this does not come up, but the Nationalists there claimed by Russian:
– Burnatsisty – well-established symbol of the Buryat nationalist stand on the positions of separatism and Russophobia.
Burnatsisty believe Russian colonialists seized their territory. Part burnatsistov ascribes Russian genocide and the slave trade.
Russia today they believe the state, standing on the oppression of minority positions in favor of Russian. Russian media called burnatsisty chauvinistic views, therefore, actively sympathetic to the North Caucasian separatists and Muslim ethnic organized crime groups.
Also burnatsisty accused of destroying Russian Buryat culture: the withering away of the language, the erosion of cultural traditions, and isolation from the Mongol world.
They are very popular among the Buryats. The people of Slavic appearance live there in a constant state of anxiety. In this country prospers nationalism household: for all inconveniences blamed Russian.