Mongolian Ger , Modern Architecture style
- Nomads: How Much Longer? (fellowsblog.kiva.org)
- Mongolian way of life threatened by dramatic climate change (pri.org)
- Mineral-Rich Mongolia Rapidly Becoming ‘Minegolia’ (wnyc.org)
- A Mongolian Views America (coplansinchina.wordpress.com)
- Old Ways Disappearing In The New Mongolia (wnyc.org)
Unbelievably enough, it’s officially spring. As with most of the country, the “wild winter” of “clime and punishment” predicted by the Farmer’s Almanac never materialized here in northwest Montana. While Whitefish received much less snow than usual, Polebridge did see its typical two feet on the ground, but the temps were mild—relatively speaking. I guess it’s just as well since half our woodpile was (and still is) ensconced in a three-inch-thick sheet of ice.
Although we didn’t spend as much time at the yurt this winter as we would have liked, we have gotten a lot done in terms of decorating. We now have a proper bed, a nearly functional kitchen area, and, hallelujah, a composting toilet that works great (so far).
The goal now is to sit still for the summer and enjoy the yurt in comfort. I would like to attempt a small vegetable garden, which will be…
View original post 75 more words